Is Triphala Churna the Best Ayurvedic Solution available in the Market? Know the opinion of expert ayurvedic doctors here.
Ayurveda came into existence thousands of years ago with the motive to treat people. The concept was found in India, where Indians sages took the help of Mother Nature to cure wounds and diseases.
Each herb or spice holds a story representing its origin, usage, and benefits. The Indian sages were capable of determining the medicinal properties of plants, herbs, spices, and food and mixed them to form an effective solution.
Triphala is the result of one such experimentation, where each ingredient was chosen because of its complementary properties effectiveness.
The benefits of Triphala Churna are very renowned and help us to cure various diseases all across the body. It is an excellent addition to our healthy diet.
What is Triphala churna?
Let us decipher the meaning of the name and then learn more about it.
- Tri meaning three
- Phala meaning fruit
- Churna meaning powder
So, we understand that Triphala Churna is a powder made from three fruits. The fruits – amla, haritaki, and bibhitaki are the nutrient-rich Triphala Churna ingredients. These fruits are dried for a long period to remove the presence of moisture completely. It is then that they are powdered and mixed in the right proportions to make triphala churna.
What are the uses of Triphala Churna tablets?
Triphala Churna uses are not restricted to a particular disease. The tablets can be used every day for better functioning of the body. Some of its many uses are
- Helps in full-body detoxification – Triphala works wonders in helping our body get rid of harmful toxins. It helps to get rid of the dead skin cells, making our skin glow from within, organically. Triphala churna benefits in maintaining healthy bowel movement, keeping the gut healthy. It also helps in good digestion resulting in an ultimate detox for the body.
- Effective in reducing weight loss – The churna helps us in manipulating the brain in thinking that our stomach is full. This allows us to reduce the number of our portions thereby helping in weight loss. Triphala promotes the secretion of a hormone that helps in signaling the brain about our satiated belly. So, the churna tricks our brain to make us eat less and eventually reduce our weight. However, it provides us with required nutrients and energy so that we don’t fall sick because of the reduced portions.
- Helps in boosting immunity – The three key ingredients are themselves effective in boosting immunity individually, that the amalgamation of the three just makes the process better. The churna strengthens our body by guarding us against infections, promotes blood circulation, and helps in boosting immunity.
- Promotes Eyesight – Triphala is a beneficial ayurvedic recipe for the eyes. The properties of the churna help in aiding various eye problems and promote good vision.
- Helps in maintaining dental hygiene – The churna possesses anti-microbial properties that help in eliminating dental diseases. It promotes dental health by killing the harmful microbes present in our mouths.
What is the price of triphala churna?
Since it is an Ayurvedic recipe, most of us would wish to prepare it for ourselves. Well, drying and powdering are not a big task! However, maintaining the correct proportions and methods is a big task. So, it is better to buy the product from the market and avoid any mishap.
The price of triphala churna ranges between Rs. 110 – 170 for a 500g bottle. One bottle of churna can last for one month or more depending on the frequency of the consumption.
Dosage of triphala churna
The best dosage of triphala churna must be suggested by a doctor only. However, triphala churna is more of a household supplement that helps us in keeping our bodies healthy.
Consuming ½ to 1 teaspoon of triphala churna empty stomach daily is the most common dosage. The churna can be taken with either water or honey or both.
Why should you get help for piles?
We seek help for all the diseases or disorders and piles are no different. Let us get detailed knowledge about piles and discuss seeking help.
What are piles?
Piles, also known as hemorrhoids, are blood vessels which are located in the muscle wall of the rectum. The inflammation and swelling of these blood vessels lead to the occurrence of piles. They are found in and outside the anus and cause needle-like pain.
What are the symptoms of piles?
Symptoms of piles would include:
- Feeling immense pain while sitting or bending down
- The appearance of blood after the regular bowel movement
- Itchiness around the bottom
- Immense pain during excretion
- Spotting of mucus in the underwear
These are some of the symptoms which indicate the presence of piles.
What are the causes of piles?
The immediate cause of the disease is not known however, other occurrences that increases our chance of getting piles are:
- Regular lifting of weights
- Spending long hours sitting on the toilet
- Anal intercourse
- Hard stools leading to strains during the bowel treatments
- Having constipation
- Fiber-deficient diet
- Spicy Food
The last cause, spicy food can be a weird cause but it is not true. consumption of spicy food reacts with hydrochloric acid in the stomach and increases body heat. This body heat may lead to the occurrence of piles. This is why, we are suggested to consume water and curd regularly in summer months, to maintain the body heat.
Who is most likely to have piles?
From the list of causes listed above, we can easily find out who is prone to get piles. People who are most likely to get piles are:
- Women who are pregnant
- Obese/overweight people
- Gymers, people who lift weight regularly
- Adults incorporating in activities like anal intercourse
- Fiber deficient people
- Who sits on the toilet for long
- People suffering from constipation
- Diarrhea patients
What are the biomedical ways to cure piles?
There are numerous ways to cure piles. However, the best one can only be determined by the doctor or pharmacist. These people are well aware of different variations of the problems and will suggest medicines for us specifically. Some of the biomedical; ways to cure piles are:
- Application of ointments to reduce the swelling, soothe the redness and cause a cooling effect
- Medications to ease out the pain
There are other ways present as well as including surgeries and treatments which are opted only during the seriousness of the disease.
I hope now we know why it is important to treat piles.
How does Triphala churna help with piles?
Triphala Churna uses include helping in a complete detox of the body. The presence of antioxidants in the churna helps in maintaining and supporting bowel health. Triphala churna results in strengthening our gut, which thus leads to better functioning of the bowels. Triphala Churna helps with piles as:
- The nutrient-rich churna strengthens the gut, thereby, reducing the presence of constipation.
- A functioning gut results in proper and regular bowel movement. This helps in stopping the straining of the bottom
- The churna also helps in boosting immunity and increasing blood circulation. Increased circulation of blood provides flexibility to the blood vessels of the rectum. Therefore, stopping the formation of lumps due to strain (if any).
- Even after regular consumption of the churna, triphala churna is not habit-forming. So, we can stop the consumption of Churna after the proper regulation of the bowel movement and elimination of piles without any fear of the after-reactions.
Is Ayurveda effective for piles?
Ayurveda is a science founded and formed by humankind. The intelligence of our ancestors gave rise to the most celebrated traditional forms of medications. Each civilization had its methods of treatment, but no one is as popular as Ayurveda.
Founded thousands of years ago, Ayurveda acts on the roots of the problems and cures them effectively. Piles is a common disease that is commonly seen among people between the age of 45 to 65. However, there are no specific age restrictions. Anyone with visible symptoms can fall prey to having piles.
It is believed and seen that Ayurveda is effective to cure piles. The nutrient-rich medicines help in treating the disease as well as the symptoms without any side effects. Ayurveda helps in restoring the body, mind, and soul balance and cure piles effectively with ease.
What are the available treatment options for piles?
Allopathic treatments and therapies
- Electrotherapy – In this treatment, a general electric current is passed through the piles. The passing of electric currents or shocks through the piles helps to shrink them.
- Infrared Coagulation – Infrared light is electromagnetic radiation that is used to cut down the supply of blood to the piles. This leads to the shrinking of the piles.
- Rubber Band Ligation – The hemorrhoids are treated using tight elastic/rubber bands. The band is placed around the piles to cut their supply of blood, leading to the falling off of the piles. After this treatment, the piles fall off within the next 7 days.
- Sclerotherapy – Here, a strong chemical liquid is injected into the blood vessels of piles. This results in numbing and hardening the region and helping in shrinking the piles. This therapy often leaves a scar behind.
- Haemorrhoidectomy Surgery – This surgery is performed after the failure of other therapies, to cut out the piles.
- Stapled Haemorrhoidopexy – This is an alternative surgery of piles where the piles are stapled back into the muscles. This helps in cutting the blood flow and reducing the size of the piles. It works best in the condition of hanging piles.
- Haemorrhoidal Artery Ligation – Here, ultrasound instruments are used to find out the largest artery supplying blood to the piles. That artery is stitched to cut down the supply of blood leading to the shrinking of piles in a few days or weeks.
Homeopathic treatments are unique and different for different individuals. Even when the disease is the same for two individuals, their prescription would look quite different. Over the years, homeopathy has shown great progress in treating piles among people and is one of the effective treatments however it requires further explorations for better results. Some of the effective medicines are:
- Nux Vomica
The holistic approach used by Ayurveda helps in balancing the doshas of our body. There are 3 doshas: Vata, Pitta, and Kapha in our body. It is because of the imbalance in these doshas, that disease or problems occur in our body.
The ayurvedic treatment focuses on linking our body, mind, and soul, aligning them for our benefits. So, it not only deals with the immediate disease or problem but treats us holistically.
Ayurvedic treatments work best when performed under proper guidance and assistance. However, some of the treatments are:
- Bhaisajya Chikitsa
Also understood as medication, here we are supposed to follow the guidelines of the doctor for taking medicines and maintaining certain dietary and lifestyle changes. The doctor formulates the medicines depending upon our doshas, so it is best to follow whatever is prescribed.
This treatment is also known as an herbal application, where a herbal paste is prepared to be put on the hemorrhoids. Here, a beneficial paste is to be applied to the rectal area after proper testing. At times, herbal medications can be allergic, so test the paste on the hands for 24 hours, if no reactions occur, feel free to apply it on the hemorrhoids.This treatment is considered to be the most effective one out of all the ayurvedic treatments.
Or cauterization refers to the burning of the hemorrhoids by the ayurvedic doctor. This treatment is only performed when others do not and might produce some pain as well. A number of treatments are to be performed in the same week. So, sign up for it if you are mentally and physically prepared to go through the complications and pain.
Is triphala churna safe for consumption?
Triphala Churna ingredients are 100% organic and natural. The usage of the churna is 100% safe and effective for consumption. However, overdosage of churna might lead to side effects like
- Loose stools etc.
There is a special ayurvedic treatment namely, Triphala Rasayana which helps immensely in flushing out the toxins in the body. The Rasayana/Rejuvenation therapy helps in the ultimate absorption of triphala into the body, resulting in complete rejuvenation. This therapy affects every tissue, muscle, and organ in the body, opens up blocked channels, reduces blockage, and restores the normal functioning of every organ. This method helps in flushing out all the toxins from the body and reduces or curb the occurrence of the disease.
How to take triphala churna?
Triphala Churna is an Ayurvedic medicine. One of the characteristic features of Ayurvedic medicines are, they do not react in the same way for different individuals. The ayurvedic medicines are prepared to balance the doshas and body, mind and soul.
So, we must take the advice and recommendation of an ayurvedic doctor before the consumption of triphala churna. The doctor will guide us to take the churna properly.
Reviews for triphala churna
Reviews or experiences of other people help us in trusting the effectiveness of the product or remedy much more. Here are some of the customer reviews to help us believe in triphala churna benefits
- I used to see blurred visions, so I started taking triphala churna as advised by my mother. I used to wash my eyes with triphala churna water and eat a spoonful of it before going to bed. Within a month, I noticed improved visions and along with it, my bowels improved too. This is the beauty of Ayurvedic products. They not only cure the immediate problems but also look after the proper functioning of the body. I highly recommend this churna to improve your bowel movement and eyesight.
- I had very weak immunity and was prone to disease with every seasonal change. I had a lot of pimples, constipation, and low energy. My grandmother got me triphala churna and advised me to take the churna regularly. It is 3 months now, and I have seen drastic changes within me. My immunity system has become better, making me strong to fight the diseases and keeping me energized the whole day. My constipation problem also got solved and currently, I can safely say that I have no disease in my body. It truly helps in flushing out all the toxins of the body.
After learning so much about the benefits of triphala churna, we all must be too impressed by the powder. But jokes apart, it is truly a blessing in disguise. It helps in complete detoxification of the body at cost-effective pricing without any chemicals or side effects.
However, the choice is yours. Piles is a disease common to many of us, there is no shame or embarrassment in discussing it and seeking help. The common symptoms of piles are constipation, diarrhea, loose or hard stools, needle-like pain in the rectum region, etc.
Don’t hesitate and consult a doctor to get rid of piles as soon as possible to lead a healthy life. Make sure to reduce the indulgence of too many chemicals as they have side effects. Whatever the case may be, we can always come back to nature and let it heal us. Just make sure it is not too late.